Seeking an Organisational Development Consultant
We are recruiting for an Organisational Development Consultant for Arts Gateway MK to inject organisational expertise to help review our objectives and role in the arts world.
About Arts Gateway Milton Keynes
Arts Gateway MK is a volunteer-led arts charity working to support, nurture and promote the arts and artists in Milton Keynes and the surrounding area. Established over 20 years ago, we offer collaborative workspaces for creative artists at our studio hub Arts Central, as well as event promotion, networking, volunteering opportunities and resource and equipment hire for events from CARC (Community Arts Resource Centre). Our flagship programme is the MK LitFest, which we started in 2017.
Without a paid Director, we are reliant on the time and capacity of Board members to lead the organisation. We are well supported with legal and accountancy expertise but need a broader range of skills including Arts Development and fund-raising, together with greater diversity of age and culture, and understanding of a wider group of arts and creative forms. We need a more rigorous approach to business management (currently administered entirely by the Chair) and we need a clear succession plan to ensure a continuous injection of new blood.
Organisational Development Consultant for Arts Gateway MK
An injection of organisational expertise to help review our objectives and role in the world, increase and broaden the capacity available within and outside the board, and programme our activity to achieve our potential as an arts charity for Milton Keynes. It is envisaged that this work will include:
- Facilitating Workshops
- Reviewing clarity of our Brand
- Supporting Recruitment of Trustees from a broad background
- Helping articulate a creative strategy for AGMK
- Improving our Business Planning and Risk Management
- Developing practical systems of working
- Mapping future succession
The outputs we seek are:
- Clearer brand identities for the AGMK family
- Five new board members appointed
- A (volunteer) secretary appointed
- A statement of creative aspirations
- improved business and resource plans
- Improved risk management
- Succession plan
- Report of project progress
We are looking for someone who has:
- proven experience of successful organisational development for small charities
- successful experience in managing and developing brand identity in the cultural sector
- successful experience in developing creative strategy for a cultural organisation
- experience of recruiting Trustees or volunteers into small charities
- ability to work and produce results for small charities with limited budgets;
Fee, including VAT if applicable, and expenses, is £5000.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm Friday 10 July.
Applications should be emailed as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A statement detailing your relevant skills & experience
- An up-to-date CV, including contact details for two referees
- An outline of how you would expect to fulfil the brief.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 16 July or Friday 17 July via Zoom.