Seeking A Marketing Consultant
We are recruiting a marketing consultant for Arts Gateway MK to provide assistance with the development of branding and marketing strategy.
Marketing Consultancy Brief
About Arts Gateway Milton Keynes
Arts Gateway MK (AGMK) is a volunteer-led arts charity working to support, nurture and promote the arts and artists in Milton Keynes and the surrounding area. Established over 20 years ago, we offer collaborative workspaces for creative artists at our studio hub Arts Central; events bringing a diversity of arts to the wider community; initiatives and volunteering opportunities to encourage involvement in the arts; resource and equipment hire for events with our partner organisation CARC (Community Arts Resource Centre); and our flagship programme MK Lit Fest, which we started in 2017.
The past two years has been dominated by the work at Arts Central to convert a 1970s warehouse into creative workspaces; 60 were occupied before the pandemic lockdown.
Over the last 12 months, AGMK has had some success in reviewing its social media and website activities, and increasing traffic and engagement via these channels.
However, in recent years there has been a general decline in awareness and understanding of the charity within the community. There is a lack of clarity about its role in relation to other arts organisations, and as the parent organisation of a number of other brands (Arts Central, MK Lit Fest). At times this has been heightened by a raised profile for sub-brands due to specific promotional activity – for example, the concentrated work around studio hire for Arts Central.
There is a need to create a coherent and compelling brand offering and to formulate an approach to marketing that will increase and maintain profile in relation to other arts organisations, and robustly support achieving financial targets in relation to two of the charity’s key, current activities – maximising take-up of studios and also of the new public space in Arts Central that will soon be available for hire.
You can read more about our organisation here.
Marketing Consultant for Arts Gateway MK
The consultant will work with the charity to: a) develop appropriate branding that meets its current needs; b) formulate an approach to marketing that will significantly strengthen our presence in the Milton Keynes cultural scene and raise awareness of AGMK’s impact on Milton Keynes’ diverse cultural landscape; and c) develop our audience to effectively reach all the groups who should be interested in and who would benefit from our activities.
This work will involve:
- A review and recommendations regarding AGMK’s several brands
- Recommendations around key messaging and voice to be used in explaining the role of the charity to our audiences and how we are relevant to them
- Should re-branding of visual identity be recommended, production of suggested branding concepts and guidelines. This will include logos and examples of how branding could be used in specific circumstances e.g. annual review, leaflets, web pages/newsletters, signage
- Production of a marketing strategy to include: analysis of: AGMK’s position and role in relation to other arts organisations in the Milton Keynes area; key audiences and how these should be reached; whether there are any areas of marketing/communications activity that are currently insufficiently employed; how marketing activities should be prioritised in view of resource constraints. Due to the importance of studio hire and successful promotion of the new public space, the final report should also include recommendations that specifically address the marketing of these strands of activity.
It is envisaged that the consultant’s preparatory work will include one or more facilitation workshops.
The output of this consultancy work will be:
- Branding that we can use to create a coherent image for AGMK, and guidelines to enable us to use this consistently.
- A clear approach to raising the profile of Arts Gateway as the parent brand
- A strategy that will provide a strong framework for creating and implementing marketing plans for the organisation, in the short and longer term
We are looking for someone who has experience of:
- Successful marketing for organisations in the art sector
- Working and producing results for small charities with limited budgets
- Developing marketing strategies for small charities
- Developing brand identity and guidelines in the cultural sector
Fee, including VAT if applicable and expenses, is £3,000.
For further background information, contact email@example.com
Closing date: 3 June
Proposals should be submitted as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A statement detailing your relevant skills and experience
- An up-to-date CV, including contact details for two referees
- An outline of how you would expect to fulfil the brief
Interviews will be held on 17 June via Zoom.